9.20.2006

"mentor"















(c)2006Rachel Cummings














The two images below are shot by Ruven Afanador. A recent assignment, given by james, had me searching for a photographer I would call "my favorite". I remebered a magazine cover I saw and loved. I started doing research on the photographer and ended up truly falling in love with his ideas and images. The first part of the project (picking out a photographer) was easy. The second part was alot harder. I stumbled across a series of photographs on his website and started thinking about what I could do. I was inspired by his idea of covering everything in brown paper and cardboard. So I decided to cover everything in news paper (donated by Chuck.) I ended up with the above image of Katie Reynolds. I used my canon 20D, speedotrons, and a light box. My settings were ISO100, 1/250 @ f/5.6.




No comments: